Our school window film solutions for safety and security provide shatterproof and ballistic resistance for school building windows in the event of an active shooter or armed forced entry.
Sun Control window films for schools control excessive heat and sun glare to maintain a naturally lit environment that's comfortable, glare-free, and UV-resistant for students and teachers alike.
3M glass protection window film solutions for schools prevent injury due to spontaneous glass breakage, or guard against vandalism of interior and exterior windows with anti-graffiti technology.
Upgrading your school's windows and glass doors with 3M window films can significantly reduce heating and cooling expenses and yield a positive ROI from energy savings in as little as 3 years.
Window Film Depot carries and installs a wide variety of 3M privacy window films for school buildings including smart/switchable, one-way, frosted, mirrored, and blackout films.
Increase the appeal of your school's interior or exterior windows, doors, walls, ceilings and more with a decorative film or custom wall graphics installation from the experts at Window Film Depot.
More Info on School Window Films
Benefits of Security Window Films for Schools
Tragically, schools and universities have been subject to shootings and violent attacks in recent years. In turn, reinforcing school safety and security is a top priority for today’s educational facilities. This has made precautionary measures like security window film a beacon amidst a time of urgency. Next to employing trained personnel and other conventional security measures, school window film is one of the best ways to increase the safety and security of students, teachers, and administrative staff at any educational institution.
While clear glass windows allow natural light in, if left untreated, they can be ineffective at keeping intruders out. Window Film Depot provides a number of options to optimize and reinforce one of the weakest point of entry in a school: glass windows and doors. Anti-shatter and active shooter mitigation products from BulletShield, DefenseLite, and 3M can be the best investment an educational facility can make in deterring aggressors from accessing school buildings and classrooms.
In addition to armed aggressors, most schools are subject to damaging weather, such as wind storms, snow storms, hurricanes, and tornadoes. During such occurrences, airborne objects can break untreated glass windows, resulting in dangerous shards traveling at high velocities. One of the major benefits of safety and security window film is its ability to maintain integrity and prevent shattering, thereby protecting students and faculty from flying glass.
Heat & Energy Efficiency Benefits of School Window Film
Beyond safety and security against human and natural causes, window films for schools can offer a host of other advantages, including:
- Reduced Hot Spots: There are few things worse for students and faculty to endure than a 20-30 degree temperature increase from the intense P.M. sun. Sun control window films dramatically reduce the occurrence of such hot spots, providing an optimal environment for productivity, focus, and learning.
- Lower Heating & Cooling Bills: With less hot spots and greater rejection of solar heat, not can window treatments keep the environment consistent, but this also helps lower costly cooling bills. And with products like Low-E window film, schools can also benefit from insulation features that prevent heat from escaping during colder months.
- UV Protection: Sun control films can block up to 99% of the harmful UV rays responsible skin problems as well as fading and discoloration damage to furnishings and upholstery.
- Glare Reduction: Particularly important for schools and educational facilities where productivity and focus are critical, the anti-glare benefits of school window film are major relief during peak hours of the day.
- Temperature Control: Temperature moderation is not only crucial for the comfort of students and staff, but can significantly save on energy consumption.
At Window Film Depot, we provide a wide range of solar and security window films for schools and educational facilities. Not only do our custom solutions address the functional needs of our customers, but we’re also able to combine decorative window films for added aesthetics or privacy. Ready to learn more? Contact us online or call us at 1-866-933-3456.
Georgia State University
Excessive sun glare through lobby windows created major issues for property managers looking to keep cool in the Georgia heat.
Access to the problem glass required substantial lift and staging coordination with the general contractor.
Active shooter threats have created a new problem requiring technologies that help “keep the bad guy outside” without making the school look like a fortified prison.
Custom made DefenseLite panels are architectural grade polycarbonate ‘clear shields’ that install onto or over your existing window and door frames creating a ‘forcefield’ of protection.