- Window film serves as an energy saver by reducing the amount of solar heat transmission. It acts by absorbing solar through the glass and limits the effect of the harsh sunlight on the occupants of a building.
- Keeps a building cool and reduces the amount of air conditioning needed.
- 3M Sun Control films come in different forms, depending on the need of the building and can be enjoyed in clear film without changing the look of the building.
- For those who prefer colored or dyed film, there are varieties available from the 3M Prestige Window Film range. They absorb solar energy and are highly effective for reducing heat.
- Most 3M window films are protected with an abrasion resistant coat that provides long-term durability and makes maintenance easier.
- 3M Sun Control films also offer reflective films that have been precision coated with metals to increase the solar energy reflection of the glass. They are excellent for heat gain reduction.
- 3M Sun Control films are listed under the recognized materials by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) and could qualify for the USGBC’s LEED credits.
- Using 3M Sun Control films could also qualify for tax deductions under the Environmental Protection Act (EPA) 2005.
If you would like a free estimate on your building, contact your local Window Film Depot Now. Or get in touch with Jeff@windowfilmdepot.com