When we look at sun control window film and safety window film, we often think of two very different products. For some window film manufacturers, that may be the case. But with products from 3M™, you can have the best of both worlds. That is, a solar safety film that provides reinforced protection against forced entry break-ins and severe weather damage, as well as advanced sun control benefits that regulate indoor temperature and save on energy costs.
What’s the Best Solar Safety Film on the Market?
While most safety and security window films from 3M™ also offer UV blocking and temperature regulating capabilities, one product line that gets the spotlight is 3M™ Safety & Security Window Film Solar Safety Series. This solar safety window film comes in a commercial and residential line, but offers advantages for a number of applications, including:
- Retail storefronts – With large glass windows and doors a common design for retail shops, not only are they vulnerable to smash and grab events, but the sunlight alone can cause damage. The sun’s UV rays can cause products, fabrics, and upholstery to fade over time, not to mention the heat gain and heat loss that occurs with conventional storefront windows.
- Schools and educational institutions – From elementary schools to major universities, student safety is of critical importance in today’s educational institutions. The right window treatment can help prevent unwarranted entry, all while blocking the sun’s glare, UV rays, and heat. This not only improves comfort, but also productivity.
- Governmental buildings – Also a sensitive target to threats and unwarranted entry, governmental agencies and offices can be vulnerable to both security threats and solar concerns. Security window film can help mitigate blasts and provide RF attenuation (or anti-eavesdropping) capabilities.
- Corporate office buildings – Large, glass-exposed office buildings are susceptible targets to both solar and safety concerns. High rise office buildings are prone to heat gain and AC overuse during sunny warm months, not to mention security and vandalism threats.
- Homes and residential complexes – Be it a home, apartment building, or condominium complex, all of the same solar and safety window film benefits apply. Not only can such films provide added safety from intruders, but the energy saving advantages can make a big difference on the utility bill.
Of course other types of businesses and organizations are no exception to the list of possible applications. This hybrid-natured solar safety film delivers benefits for just about any building and its occupants.
3M™ Safety & Security Window Film Solar Safety Series
In terms of security, not only does the Solar Safety Series help prevent intruders immediately upon forced entry break-in attempts, but in the instance of a blast or natural disaster, the film maintains the integrity of shattered glass, thereby preventing flying shards from harming occupants (this being one of the most common causes of blast-related injuries and fatalities.)
As for sun control, the Solar Safety Series from 3M™ is an energy-conscious window film that significantly rejects heat gain during warmer months. In addition to regulating temperature and minimizing AC unit overload, this film also provide anti-glare capabilities for improved visibility and increased reflection which helps enhance exterior privacy.
The Solar Safety Series is available in silver or neutral tones which allows customers to create a more uniform exterior appearance with that of its application. The film can be applied with 3M™ Attachment Systems which provides additional safety and security in areas of need. And if you’re concerned about voiding any warranty associated with the glass windows and doors themselves, rest assured knowing that the Solar Safety Series comes with a comprehensive warranty from 3M.
Interested in learning more about solar safety window film options. Reach out to us at Window Film Depot by visiting our contact us page, or by calling (866) 933-3456.