Inside Gauzy’s Liquid Crystal Film Technology
Gauzy has a reputation for offering the widest variety of liquid crystal film products designed to create smart glass for both outdoor windows and indoor partitions. In its very essence, these liquid crystal smart glass technologies alter the amount of light transmitted by commonly transparent materials, such as glass, allowing these materials to appear as opaque, translucent, or transparent.
These liquid crystal smart films are laminated into or retrofitted onto glass and transparent materials to turn typical interiors and exteriors in controllable smart glass. These technologies help resolve conflicting design and functional demands by balancing the benefits of natural light and open floor plans with the need for privacy and energy savings.
Industry-Advanced Smart Glass Windows & Partitions
Not only does Gauzy’s liquid crystal film block 99% of UV rays and the temperature swings that may result, but customers can create custom smart glass windows and partitions with many different product variations.
- White – White liquid crystal film delivers a clean, natural, and aesthetically-pleasing smart glass solution, enabling privacy when needed and an open, collaborative environment when desired.
- Dark – Dark liquid crystal films support advanced architectural and interior design plans and can be integrated across various applications, including automotive and aeronautics.
- High Temp – Designed to handle dramatic temperature ranges of -30°C to +90°C, outdoor-grade high-temperature smart window film maintains full optical and mechanical performance in areas of high seasonality.
- Solar – With the ability to reflect up to 86% of infrared light and block 99% of ultraviolet rays, temperatures within a space can be reduced by up to 15°C, making buildings significantly more energy-efficient.
- Patterns – Laser patterning allows for on-demand blinds as well as custom designs for dynamic and sophisticated privacy and light-control solution that replaces traditional shutters
- Vizio – As Gauzy’s liquid crystal film switches from transparent to opaque, glass becomes a suitable backdrop for high-definition visual displays.
All of Gauzy’s products are easy to use and maintain. Not only can the smart glass film turn from opaque to transparent (and vice versa) in less than 0.1 seconds, but they can be cleaned just like any ordinary glass, with a soft cloth and glass cleaner.
Leverage some of the industry’s leading technology in switchable, smart glass film technology. Let Window Film Depot help you source and install Gauzy’s liquid crystal window film. Contact us to learn more.